Terms and Conditions - Malta Property Direct
The term ‘MaltaPropertyDirect’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. Registration VAT number is 18815820. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- MaltaPropertyDirect makes no representation as to the accuracy or currency of the information contained within the website. The property details content is the sole responsibility of the seller. MaltaPropertyDirect are in no way liable for any inaccuracies or misleading statements made in the information provided by the owner of properties on the website.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- We have the right to remove any listing if anything other than real estate for sale or lease from the website. For example you cannot advertise cars.
- We have the right to remove any property listing if used to advertise your businesses or services.
- We have the right to remove or edit a property listing if you use false images, animations, images that do not relate to your private property, irrelevant descriptions and false contact information.
- You can advertise as many properties as you want through your account however you will be charged per property. You can select different packages for each property. Kindly be advised that if you attempt to list more than one property in one advert, your advert will be removed.
- You must not list property if you are not the owner or if you do not have any authorisation.
- Using the Service for any unlawful, illegal, malicious or improper purpose is not acceptable.
- Information that:
a) may defame or discredit another person or business
b) may disclose private, personal or confidential information
c) might be considered obscene, offensive, menacing or abusive
d) might infringe the intellectual property rights of others
e) may violate any applicable law, regulation, standard, content requirements or code of any relevant authority or industry body is not allowed on MaltaPropertyDirect
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without MaltaPropertyDirect’s prior written consent.
- MaltaPropertyDirect reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without notice.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Malta.
- 'For Sale' or 'To Let' Stickers are only available for property sold direct by owner, and living within Malta.
- Agents are not allowed to contact our clients who sell property directly.
Copyright and Trademarks
This website and its content is copyright of MaltaPropertyDirect - © MaltaPropertyDirect 2010. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- Each registration is for a single user only. You may not share your username and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
- You undertake that all information provided by you for the purposes of registering with us is accurate and complete.
- You accept sole responsibility for all use of and for keeping secret any account ID and password that may have been given to you or chosen by you for use on this Site. You will notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security of this Site of which you become aware.
Barring from the site
We reserve the right to bar users from this Site and/or restrict or block their access or use of any and all elements of our services, on a permanent or temporary basis at our sole discretion. Any such user shall be notified and must not then attempt to use this Site under any other name or through any other user.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by MaltaPropertyDirect and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of MaltaPropertyDirect. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, MaltaPropertyDirect takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
By continuing to the payment page you understand and are agreeing to the following:
By registering a property on the website you are affirming that you are either the legal owner to the property detailed, or are an authorised representative of the legal owner.
You confirm that you are either the copyright holder of, or have permission from the copyright holder to use, all material that you submit for inclusion with your advert. This includes, but is not limited to photographs, other images and text. You are further granting permission for the site owners to reproduce your submitted material on this website in relation to advertising your property.
You must ensure that you advertise properties that are currently available for purchase or lease only in Malta and Gozo.
You must ensure that the adverts you create and post on the website are not unlawful or for an improper purpose, including information that is defamatory, misleading or deceptive, in breach of copyright or would otherwise expose MaltaPropertyDirect. and its subsidiaries, directors, employees, or assigned parties to any liability, legal proceedings or other sanctions.
You confirm that the details entered give a fair representation of your property and are accurate to the best of your knowledge.
If, for whatever reason, you are not satisfied with the service offered, you have the right to cancel your advert within 7 days of it being first displayed on the website and obtain a full refund of the charged fee. Notification of cancellation must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7 days after your advert is first displayed on the website.
Term of Advert
The maximum duration of your advert is either for three months (90 days), six months (180 days) or one year (365 days) depending on the package you select. If for any unforeseen reason the website has to close down then your advert will have to be removed. Refunds will be made to those clients whose adverts have been live for 70 days or less.
Use of Information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2001 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order and to provide after sales service.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
Note: Under no circumstances will we hold sensitive payment details such as your card number, expiry date and security code. All transactions are handled through our accredited payment bureau, Endeavour Internet Business Solutions.
In certain cases we may use your e-mail address to send you information on our other services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
The site owners reserve the right to edit and/or remove the content or material of your advert at anytime and without notice. Such changes will usually be limited to situations where the advert is believed to be misleading or inappropriate.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
By accepting these Terms and Conditions you accept that MaltaPropertyDirect and its subsidiaries, directors, employees, or assigned parties cannot be held accountable or liable for any type or form of direct, indirect, special or consequential liabilities, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including but not limited to legal expenses) incurred or suffered through the use of our services, use of the website or anything connected to any type or form of material generated from the use of our services (including but not limited to advertising of property for sale or for rental) by both users or third parties.
Communication with you regarding your advert will be done predominantly via email using the address used to create your account. It is your responsibility to ensure that this email address is correct, up to date and monitored for the duration of your advert.
In the interests of efficiency you are urged to contact the site operators by e-mail at email@example.com where practical.
The applicable charges for any Services will be set out on the relevant pages of the MaltaPropertyDirect website. We reserve the right to vary these prices from time to time. Any such variation shall be notified to you in advance on our website at the relevant pages of the MaltaPropertyDirect Site.